Cheetah Digital Loyalty News Feeds serves as a channel for brands to interact with their members. You can post updates, insights, and even offers and rewards, and let members comment, like, and share your posts. You can specify whether members can create new posts, including text, images, and videos. You can hide or delete irrelevant posts from your members by utilizing the hide/delete button. Bump posts that you find of particular importance to the top of the news feed. Finally, you can pin posts that are important for your members to view.
Setting Up News Feeds
Use the Program | Program Settings screen to setup your News Feeds settings:
- Default News Feed Name. Specify the name of the default news feed when the mobile or web clients query the Member APIs for news feed posts without specifying a news feed name.
Using The News Feeds Screen
Use the Communities | News Feeds screen to manage your News Feeds.
Searching and Sorting
The News Feeds screen includes a variety of facilities to make it easy for you to search, filter, sort, and export/import records.
- Searching. Use the Search text box to search records by name.
- Sorting. Use the Sort dropdown to sort records by date created, date updated, or display name.
Use Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s Content Management capabilities to manage your News Feeds:
- Categories. Organize records into categories. Client applications use categories to show subsets of records to members.
- Tags. Add one or more tags to help you search, filter, and organize your records. Tags are only visible and usable in the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Marketing Console: you can modify and create tags, but your members are not be able to see or access the tags.
For more information about Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s powerful Content Management capabilities, see Content Objects.
News Feed Attributes
Following is a list of the main attributes:
- Name. Specify the name of the news feed.
- Image. Upload an image to visually represent the news feed.
- Show To Public. Specify whether the news feed is available for viewing by non-members.
News Feed Posts
Use the News Feed | Posts screen to views your news feed posts in a timeline layout, and to manage each post. You can:
- Create. Create new posts, including text, images, and video.
- Edit. Edit an existing post.
- Bump. Bump a post by settings its date to the current time so the post shows up at the top of the news feed.
- Pin. Pin a post so the post sticks to the top of the news feed.
- Like/Unlike. Like and unlike a post.
- Hide. Hide a post so the post is no longer visible to members.
- Delete. Delete an existing post.
You can also manage comments for a news feed post:
- Write a Comment. Write a new comment for an existing post.
- Like/Unlike. Like and unlike a comment.
- Hide. Hide a comment so the comment is no longer visible to members.
- Delete. Delete an existing comment.
News Feed Eligibility
Use segments and locations to specify which members can see and respond to News Feeds.
- Segments. Specify one or more eligible segments for each News Feed. Use segmentation to target a specific demographic with the News Feed by including or excluding segments to be eligible for the News Feed. View the Members | Segments page to create member segments.
- Locations. Specify one or more eligible locations for each News Feed. Target specific locations with individualized News Feeds by including or excluding locations. View the Admin | Locations page to create locations.
News Feed Advanced Settings
Use the Advanced tab to manage the advanced settings.
You can set Member Posting settings:
- Allowed to Post. Control whether All Members, No Members, or Some Members can create new posts.
- Post Visibility. Specify whether new member posts Post Immediately or are For Approval.
You can set Member Commenting settings:
- Allowed to Comment. Control whether All Members, No Members, or Some Members can create new comments.
- Post Visibility. Specify whether new member comments Post Immediately or are For Approval.