Use the Rules | Pricing Rules screen to visually define metric value calculations for an activity type. You can reference the calculated metric value in various other Cheetah Digital Loyalty Rules.
Each pricing rule has one or more Stages. Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s pricing engine executes every stage one-by-one in sequence. You can add as many stages as you need for the metric calculation.
Pricing Stage Rules
A stage has one or more Rules, which specifies the metric calculation to perform. Each rule uses one of the following strategies:
- Table. Use a table to find the value.
- Lookup. Use a Cheetah Digital Loyalty Lookup to find the value.
- Expression. Use a groovy expression to calculate the value.
- External. Invoke an external url to calculate the value.
- Previous Stage. Use the value from the previous stage.
Pricing Rule Execution
Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s pricing engine executes each rule in the stage. Several settings define how the Cheetah Digital Loyalty pricing engine calculates the final value for the stage:
- When Multiple Rules Apply. Choose whether to use the first value, highest value, lowest value, or the sum of all values.
- Using Stage Results. Choose whether to use the stage’s value as-is, add the stage’s value to the previous stage’s value, or substract the stage’s value from the previous stage’s value.
You can also specify when to calculate the stage’s value:
- Any rule applied.
- A new value is higher than a previous value.
- A new value is lower than a previous value.