Cheetah Digital Loyalty Punch Cards lets you reward members for purchasing a set of specific items. You define Punch Card Types, which include punch rules to define the list and quantity of items to complete a Punch Card. Members start new Punch Cards for a Punch Card Type. After completing a Punch Card, members receive one or more prizes, such as an Offer, a Reward, or a Gift Card issued to the member.
Setting Up Punch Cards
There are no Program Settings for Punch Cards.
Using The Punch Card Types Screen
Use the Rewards | Punch Card Types screen to manage your Punch Card Types.
Searching and Sorting
The Punch Card Types screen includes a variety of facilities to make it easy for you to search, sort, and export/import records.
- Searching. Use the Search text box to search records by name.
- Filtering. Use the Badge Type dropdown to filter records.
- Sorting. Use the Sort dropdown to sort records by date created, date updated, or display name.
Use Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s Content Management capabilities to manage your Punch Card Types:
- Status. Use status to specify when a Punch Card Type is in use. Change the status to change the visibility of the Punch Card Type to members. Valid statuses are ‘Draft’, ‘Published’, and ‘Archived’.
- Effectivity. Change the effectivity to designate the timeframe for which members can use the Punch Card Type. Valid effectivities are ‘Always’ and ‘Schedule’.
- Categories. Organize Punch Card Types into categories. Client applications use categories to show subsets of Punch Card Types to members.
- Tags. Add one or more tags to help you search, filter, and organize your records. Tags are only visible and usable in the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Marketing Console: you can modify and create tags, but your members are not be able to see or access the tags.
For more information about Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s powerful Content Management capabilities, see Content Objects.
Punch Card Type Attributes
Following is a list of the main attributes:
- Required Punches. The number of punches to earn the prize.
- Per Store.
- Card Expiration Mode. Enter how many days for a member to complete a Punch Card. Valid values are “No expiration”, “Expire on a certain date”, expire “n days after a punch card is issued”
- Daily Cutoff Time.
Punch Card Type Definition
Use the Punch Card Type | Definition screen to specify the definition of each Punch Card Type, including one or more Punch Rules and one or more Prize Rules.
Defining Punch Rules
Enter the rules for earning a punch. Members earn punches after completing a Cheetah Digital Loyalty Activity defined on this screen.
Cheetah Digital Loyalty Punch Cards lets you match a punch rule based on:
- Activity Header Attribute. Match an activity based on a header attribute (e.g. a location name)
- Activity Item Attribute. Match an activity based on an item attribute (e.g. an item PLU).
Then, enter one or more Values to match the attribute header name or item name. Finally, enter the maximum number of punches that this activity can earn.
Defining Prize Rules
Enter one or more prizes for completing a Punch Card. Each prize has:
- Number of Punches. Enter the number of punches to earn the prize.
- Prize. Choose an existing Offer, Reward, or Gift Card to issue to the member after completing the Punch Card.
- Metric. Choose a metric for the member to earn after completing the Punch Card.
Managing Named Punches
Will move to Definition page
Use the Punch Card Types | Named Punches screen to enumerate purchased items that can earn a punch.
You can enter:
- Status. Enter whether the named punch is active or archived.
- Image. Upload an image for this named punch.
- Values. Enter a comma separated list of product codes or values to identify the named punch
- Max Punches. Enter the maximum number of punches that this named punch can earn.
- Default Punch.
- Rate Limit. Enter the number of punches a member can earn per time period.
Punch Card Type Display
Use the Content Editor in the Display tab to specify what the cover of the Punch Card Type should look like to the member based on the channel and presentation mode.
For more information about Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s Content Editor, see Content Editor.
Punch Card Type Eligibility
Use segments and locations to specify which members can see and respond to a Punch Card Type.
- Segments. Specify one or more eligible segments for each Punch Card Type. Use segmentation to target a specific demographic with the Punch Card Type by including or excluding segments to be eligible for the Punch Card Type. View the Members | Segments page to create member segments.
- Locations. Specify one or more eligible locations for each Punch Card Type. Target specific locations with individualized Punch Card Types by including or excluding locations. View the Admin | Locations page to create locations.
Punch Card Type Advanced Settings
Use the Advanced tab to manage the advanced settings.
- Limits. Use limits to specify the total maximum submissions for all members, the maximum submissions for each individual member, and the minimum amount of time between submissions.
- Punch Rate Limits. Enter the number of punches a member can earn per time period.
Managing Punch Card Type Responses
Use the Punch Card Type | Responses screen to view responses for one Punch Card Type.
Each response shows a Punch Card for one member. A Member can have more than one Punch Card. For example, after completing a Punch Card, a member can start a second Punch Card.
- Member Name. The name of the member who has a Punch Card.
- Required Punches. The number of punches to complete the Punch Card.
- Current Punches. The number of punches that the member has earned so far.
- Status. The status of the Punch Card.
- Expiration. The datetime, if any, that the member must complete the Punch Card to earn prizes.
Using Punch Card Type Dashboards
Use the Punch Card Type | Dashboard screen to analyze the responses for one Punch Card Type. You can analyze:
- Views. The number of times that a Punch Card Type was viewed.
- Completes. The number of times that a Punch Card Type was completed.