Triggered action rules allow invoking specified actions when different events are triggered.
Trigger Action Rules
Each trigger action rule has the following components:
Types of trigger include:
- Activity Processed
- Tier Changed
- Metric Changed
Activity Processed Trigger Definition
- Activity Types. One or more activity types upon whose processing this trigger is fired.
- Metric Changed. If specified, fire this trigger only if the activity processing caused a change in the value of one of the specified metrics.
Tier Changed Trigger Definition
- New Tier. If specified, fire the tier change trigger only if the new tier is one of the tier values specified.
- Old Tier. If specified, fire the tier change trigger only if the old tier is one of the tier values specified.
If both are specified, then both must be satisfied. If neither is specified, the trigger is fired on all tier changes.
Metric Changed Trigger Definition
- Metric. Fire the trigger if one of the specified metrics is changed.
The trigger action is invoked only if the condition is satisfied. The condition uses the same expressions as in earn rules or advanced tier rules.
The action to invoke. Options include:
- Send Message
- Invoke URL
- Grant Badge
- Award Reward
- Update Member Attribute
- Update Member Preference
- Update Cheetah Digital Loyalty Big Data Server (BDS) Processed Flag
- Submit Activity
Trigger Rule Groups
Trigger rules are organized within rule groups, which can be of two types:
- Execute only first applicable rule. Once a rule in this group is executed, other rules are skipped. For example, send message rules may be grouped together to avoid sending multiple messages.
- Execute all applicable rules. All applicable rules in this rule group are executed.
There is no implication of rules executing from one group on rules in another group.