At the top of the Display subtab of all program content objects is a menu bar that controls different aspects of the display editing experience.
The tools on the menu bar are:
- Test User - the test user in whose context any personalization in the content should be viewed
- Language - language selection
- Template Set - template set to use; template set can be changed and reapplied at any time
- Layouts - layouts to include (available layouts depend on selected template set)
- Show Token - toggle highlighting of tokens used in the content display
Master Content and Displays
The Display subtab includes a Master Content element followed by an element for each selected layout. All of them offer similar content editing capabilities, described below.
To make changes applicable to all layouts, the change should be made to the master content.
Edits should be made to a specific layout to override the value for the layout. For example a different size heading or a different image for a specific layout. Once an element in a layout is edited, it is unlinked from the master content and changes to the master content don’t flow down to the element. If needed, such an element may be reset back to the master content provided value.
Note - The list of displays may be uncluttered by deselecting all unneeded layouts from the Layouts menu.
———— Delete below here
This How To will explore the steps in editing the Content Display in the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Platform. The Content Display can be edited for a whole variety of actions and tools that can be performed with the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Platform. These include Challenges, Offers, and Rewards.
The steps involved in editing the Content Display are:
- Editing Master Content
- Troubleshooting for Each Display
Editing Master Content
- Click on the post whose content is desired to be edited (i.e. Challenge Post, Offer Post, or Reward Post). This will navigate you to the settings page.
- Click on the Content tab located at the bottom panel of the page (for Challenge Posts and Offer Posts). Click on the Display tab similarly for Reward Posts. This will navigate you to the Content Editing tab.
- Locate the Master Content section located at the top of the tab
- Editing the Master Content will cause changes to be made to all other sections of the Content Editor
- There are 5 main icons that you will encounter in the Content Display Editor. They are namely: Edit Text, Change Images, Position Image, Palette, and Preview.
- Click on the Edit Text icon represented by the “A” letter
- Fill in the relevant fields of Heading, Subheading, Body, and Details
Adding an Image
- Click on the Change Images icon represented by the bitmap
- You would be given the option of either uploading your own image or to insert a URL
- Click on the OK button and the image will be added
Positioning an Image
- Click on the Position Image icon represented by the navigation symbol. This would only work if an image has been already uploaded.
- Click on the image in the content field and move it around with your mouse cursor to move the image in the same fashion
- To pan an image, zoom in and out while holding your mouse cursor on the picture. This changes the image that is being displayed on the content display.
Choosing a Color Palette
- Color Palette represent a color scheme that your ceontent would embody
- Click on the Palette icon represented by a droplet to select a color scheme
- Use the navigation arrows to select a desired color scheme
- Click on the Preview icon represented an eye to select the preview mode of your content
Troubleshooting for Each Display
There are several displays that are offered by the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Platform.
- For Challenge Posts, there are: Master Content, Medium Rectangle, Leaderboard, Wide Email Block, Medium Email Block, Mobile Carousel, Mobile List, and Mobile Detail.
- For Offer Posts, there are: Master Content, Medium Rectangle, Leaderboard, Wide Email Block, Medium Email Block, Mobile Carousel, Mobile List, and Mobile Detail.
- For Reward Posts, there are: Master Content, Wide Email Block, Medium Email Block, Mobile Carousel, Mobile List, and Mobile Detail.
Editing A Specific Display
- The Cheetah Digital Loyalty Platform allows you to edit a specific Content Display without changing the Master Content. This use-case is for optimising specific display templates or to send a slightly different message for different platforms.
- For instance if only the Leaderboard display is to be modified for a different icon, go to the Leaderboard display and make the appropriate amendments accordingly. This will not affect the Master Content or the other Content Displays
- If you wish to undo these changes, simply hold shift and click on the icon to revert back to the Master Content setting
Note: Not all displays support image editing & panning even if it allows you to change images. The Content Display must contain the *Position Image icon before it can be edited.*