Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts lets a brand capture online and in-store purchase receipts. Members can accrue points and receive prizes for submitting receipts. Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts can use a variety of member attributes–Member Id, Email, Phone number, Member Card Number, or Member Integration Id–to identify the member for an incoming receipt.
Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts has several methods to collect receipts:
- Direct. Use Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s APIs to import receipts from your existing point-of-sale (POS) or ecommerce system.
- Claiming a Receipt. Members can claim an existing receipt by entering the receipt number and the purchase amount on the receipt.
- Receipt Scanning. Members can submit images of their purchase receipts via email, mobile app, or web upload. Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s Receipt Scanning module digitizes the receipt image to identify the member and the receipt items.
- Manual. Use the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Marketing Console to manually upload receipts in the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Marketing Console.
You can use the pre-built reports and dashboards to analyze your receipts, and also use the receipt history to target content, such as Offers and Rewards, to members.
Setting Up Receipts
Receipt Program Settings
Use the Program | Program Settings screen to setup your Receipt settings:
- Receipt Activity Format. Specify the string that is displayed to members when they successfully submit a receipt.
- Receipt Activity Format (w/o Items). Specify the string that is displayed to members when they successfully submit a receipt that has no receipt items.
- AllowCompleted-Success Receipts to be deleted. Set to ‘true’ to enable deleting of successful receipts in the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Marketing Console.
- Enable Receipt Scanning in Marketing Console. Set to ‘true’ to enable Receipt scanning in the Cheetah Digital Loyalty Marketing Console.
- Automatically retry failed OCR scanning. Set to ‘true’ to scan the receipt a second time with alternative OCR settings, if the receipt image did not succeed the first time.
- Submissions per Day. Set the number of receipt submissions per day.
- Receipt Valid Days. Set the number of days after the receipt transaction that the member can claim a receipt.
Using The Receipts Screen
Use the Products | Receipts screen to manage your Receipts.
Searching and Sorting
The Receipts screen includes a variety of facilities to make it easy for you to search, filter, sort, and export/import records.
- Searching. Use the Search text box to search records by Receipt Number.
- Filtering. Use the Claimed, Status, and Outcome dropdowns to filter records.
- Export / Import. Use Cheetah Digital Loyalty’s built-in export and import capability to export existing Gift Cards to and from .csv files.
Each Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipt has the following attributes:
- Vendor. Shows the vendor name for the receipt.
- Member. Shows the member who the receipt is for.
- Metric. The metric that a member earned for submitting this receipt.
- Amount Paid. The amount on the receipt.
- OR Number. The vendor’s unique ‘original receipt’ number. This string should uniquely identify the receipt in the vendor’s point-of-sale (POS) or ecommerce system.
- OR Date. The date of the receipt.
- Upload Method. Indicates how the receipt was uploaded to Cheetah Digital Loyalty. Sample values are ‘Email’, ‘Mobile’, ‘Web’, and ‘Direct’.
- Status. Indicates the status of the receipt.
- Purchase Type. Indicates the type of the receipt. This attribute is used when importing receipts from a point-of-sale (POS) or ecommece system. Sample values are ‘Retail Purchase’, ‘Retail Gift Card Purchase’, ‘Retail Return’, ‘Online Purchase’, ‘Online Gift Card Purchase’, and ‘Online Return’.
- *Processing Type. Indicates how Cheetah Digital Loyalty processed the receipt. Sample values are ‘Manual’ and ‘Automatic’.
- Outcome. Indicates the outcome of the receipt processing. There are a number of values indicating ‘Success’ and ‘Failure’.
Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts lets you capture a receipt image. If you are using the receipt scanning feature, Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts automatically scans the receipt and attempts to store the receipt information, including the receipt header and receipt items, then calculates the metrics to award to the member, if any.
If Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts is unable to correctly scan the receipt image, Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipt sets the outcome to manual processing. If needed, Click the ‘Scan Receipt’ button to instruct Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts to perform another receipt scan. You can then use the ‘Approve’ and ‘Reject’ buttons to manually approve and reject the receipt.
The ‘Receipt Items’ tab shows items included in the Receipt.
If you are using the receipt scanning feature, Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipts inserts Receipt Items for all items where an exact Code Value exists in Cheetah Digital Loyalty Codes. You can also manually add and delete receipt items.
Each Receipt Item has the following attributes:
- Code. The vendor’s code for the receipt item.
- Item Award. The metric awarded to the member for purchasing the receipt item
- Scanned Code Value. The string that Cheetah Digital Loyalty Receipt Scanning read for the receipt item
- Submission Type. Whether the receipt item was manually or automatically entered.
- Amount. The amount of the receipt item.
- Comment. Enter a comment for the receipt item.
Using Receipt Dashboards
Use the Products | Receipts Dashboard screen to analyze receipts. You can analyze:
- By Source. Analyze receipts by ‘Upload Method’. You can view the total number of received receipts and the outcome of the receipt processing.
- By Vendor. Analyze receipts by ‘Vendor’. You can view the total number of received receipts and the outcome of the receipt processing.
- By Member. Analyze receipt statistics by member. For example, view the top 10 members by the number of receipts they submitted or the metrics they earned. This dashboard is useful for identifying fraudulent receipt submissions.